Player’s responsibilities are simple; be respectful of others, be responsible, play fair, and always do your best, and always exhibit good sportsmanship.
As an ETJ participant I hereby pledge that I will:
- Encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches, officials, and parents.
- Be a team player and support my teammates.
- Be on time and attend every practice and game that I can, and will notify my coaches if I cannot.
- Work hard to improve my skills.
- Do my best to listen and learn from my coaches.
- Encourage my parents to be involved with my team in some capacity.
- Congratulate the other team after each game as a demonstration of sportsmanship.
- Refrain from using violence, unfriendly language, or insults to others.
- Be generous when I win and gracious when I lose.
- Obey the rules of the game and always work for the good of the team.
- Accept the decisions of the officials with grace and never challenge or question calls. Refrain from challenging or questioning on-field calls by officials and/or managers and coaches.
- Conduct myself with honor and dignity.
- Applaud the efforts of my teammates and opponents.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action levied by the ETJ Board of Directors that could include but is not limited to the following:
- Player suspension for games
- Player suspension for season including postseason (All Stars & TOC)
- Player being expelled from the league
The ETJ Board of Directors retains the sole authority to determine what, if any, disciplinary action is appropriate for any conduct infraction